View Single Post
09-24-08, 02:35 PM   #34
Arabeth
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Gandoch View Post
... even the god awful arena gear that I hate seeing people is still better than most blues and all these "of the Eagle" greens Arabeth is obsessed with. (157 Spell Damage at 70? Really?)

I love how all the casuals think they're the only people who know how to play and they can out DPS all their "fully epic'ed" acquaintances, but the hardcore raiders are the arrogant ones.

Ignore the jackasses like me who measure you by what you have rather than what you do becase there is no correlation whatsoever between the things you've accomplished and what you have to show for it.
I am glad you did your research into me! There is a reason 'beth is specced that way, which owes nothing to gear obsession. I've soloed 98% of the way to 70 and used that kind of gear to max out my HP/Mana with zero effort. I have seen epics that didn't match some of the greens 'beth's wearing!! (in base stats anyway)

I am a casual player. I work, family and soclialise without a toon in sight and couldn't give time to raid or even 5 man stuff. It would be useless for me to part of a guild that wanted people who could give that time. I don't have acquaintances to out DPS their epics and couldn't care.

I am intrigued by your last sentence though. I am sure there are people who are going "If only..." but, and maybe this is just a matter of the way you have written it, while you dis my gear and my character as being rubbish, you still manage to conclude in such a way as contradicts that. Plus; if you understand the last part of your sentence, why do insist on adhering to the first part; that of being a jackass who only sees the gear? I am a little unsure TBH if that is an admission or simply sarcasm.

Anyway, I agree wholeheatedly with Elpis.