View Single Post
07-29-10, 10:31 PM   #873
Krahg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How can I see my avatar without creating a post?

There is something inherently unsatisfying about the lottery system that we have to use by default for our chance to participate in the Cataclysm Beta. If I got an invite through the lottery system I would count myself lucky but honestly couldn't feel anything further than that. All I had to do was tick a button, which has been ticked since the day it appeared.

Now concerning my add-on. It is rather simple, but provides a feature that my wife and I really appreciate and use constantly. Also it seems that whoever downloaded it more than 3,000 times also appreciates it. I know those numbers are not as high as other add-ons, but I am very proud that my add-on has gotten that kind of attention. On that merit alone my Add-on has brought me great joy.

What really tickles me pink is to find out that my little add-on might qualifies me for even the smallest and most remote chance of participating in the beta. How much more rewarding could an invite be that one given for something you shared with the world over simply ticking a box? My hopes are not high, I am not even sure my add-on will be approved by whoever the mods are, but I got to click the request button and that made me feel pretty important.

Thank you for allowing me to host my add-on here and for giving me even the chance at participation in the beta for more than ticking a box.

-------

I see that most of the participators in this thread have Smod, Admin and other bars under their names indicating their status with the site. I want to know what special bars I have under my avatar so i am posting here.

Edit: Ok I have 1 bar and I think I will work on getting the 'Site Supporter' bar since that's probably an easy one to get.
Edit2: WoW! That was easy! Wowinterface is on the same network as... Wowhead! and Allakhazam! That's three of the sites I use absolutely more than any other all in one premium subscription! There are a ton of other sites listed but just premium Wowhead is worth the trivial fee.

Last edited by Krahg : 07-29-10 at 10:48 PM.