View Single Post
09-16-10, 06:30 PM   #13
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
Pfft. I brag about everything, I'm just that f'n AWESOME!

Cheap, go pick up a $400 box from Dell and call it a day. WOW is not a heavily used GPU design, it's more CPU and Network due to the MMORPG nature. No this doesn't mean you put in a chit GPU and get amazing results, but what I'm proving is that a $3000 rig like mine is f'n USELESS for WOW. I will never be able to exceed the potential unless Blizzard re-designs the game engine.

Since your name is Haylie, does that mean you're one of them ubber sexy WOW chicks like Cariren?

*GiGGlE*
Wow .... someone needs some growing up to do ... hehehe

You might want to step away from your pc and go out and meet real people cause your way outta touch with reality

Seriously though WoW is a fairly old game (at least in the PC world anyway) Just about anything mid range will run wow without a problem.

They are updating the engine for the Cataclysm release .. how much I have no idea but one can assume these changes will take a toll on FPS if settings are to high and you PC is under spec'd.

These are the system specs according to Blizzard for Lich King. The recommended settings should be able to push medium to high with no problem but for Ultra that would require more power. If Cataclysm is upping the engine expect the requirements to also go up.

Code:
Processor:

Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
Recommended: Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 

Memory:
Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista users)
Recommended: 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users) 
Video:
Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better
Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better
I'm running on a 3+ year old PC and run it on Ultra max resolutions with no problems at all.

Ohh and the ubber sexy wow chicks name is CAIRENN (not Cariren) .. You might wanna fix this horrible typo before she deletes your account

Last edited by Sepioth : 09-16-10 at 06:38 PM.