Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-11-12, 08:45 PM   #66
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One thing that I will never understand is the sheer number of people that will complain about the Authors of carbonite in this very thread and how they are outraged over their handling of the situation.

Yet the greatest way to show the creator of a product you are unhappy is to STOP using it, and that is for the most part not happening.

Some statements I've seen that need correcting. You make a donation as a donation. There are no conditions attached to it. If you FEEL it is to encourage development/patching that is your right. It does not change the fact that it is simply a donation with no strings attached.

It does not matter if you want the addon released to the public domain. You are in no position to make any demands, state what SHOULD be and so on. It is not your property to control in any way.

I bring these things up because of one very simple fact. No amount of fast talk, insults, internet tough guy attitude, reasoning, coding experience or anything of the sort is going to convince the Authors contrary to what has been clearly stated. They have no intention to release it to the public nor do they want anyone making updates for public consumption. A fact that Rythal was extremely aware of as he stated.

This leaves you with 3 options. 1)Accept it and wait for an update (hopefully one you can actually use)or update your local copy. 2) Find alternatives for said addon as some are doing and encouraging others to follow suit. I applaud this simply for its community spirit. Just think, half the work is already done for you or 3) if you simply cannot play the game without carbonite than it might be time to hang up the spurs and ride off in to the sunset.

Please also stop using Rythal as your justification for outrage. He has made it clear he knew what he was getting in to and seems rather ok with it all. If your mad, be honest and just be mad.

**grabs the flame-resistant tinfoil hat**

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor