View Single Post
03-20-15, 11:04 PM   #18
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Barleduq View Post
That's what we tried first. Having that set to opengl is fine, but when it's set like that, the battle.net launcher sometimes won't launch itself, and when it's open, launching WoW from the battle.net launcher ends up with it hanging somewhere between creating the window and finding the character selection screen, with dialog box with no text and only a button that says 'cancel'. That's why we run it from the command line:

wine $HOME/Appropriate-dir/WoW.exe -opengl

or -d3d9 if I need to patch the game. If I run it this way when it wants to be patched, it will usually get all the way to the character selection screen, and then cut out to a different screen and say it needs to be patched.
hmm, what version of wine are you using?

I just installed elinks via yum, and it has the same problem opera did - it finds a page that says 'Object has moved here' where the word 'here' is a link, and then does nothing. I get a message on bottom that looks like it might be asking me something, but it's too long and I can't see the end of it, and pressing y, n, o, s, and a couple of others at random didn't produce anything. Pressing a wanted to bookmark it, and I don't recall what else I tried.

Lynx at least gets past that, but fails on too many redirects.
mmm I wonder if Dolby (or whoever maintains the zam sites) has wowinterface using more javascript than it used to. eLinks has some issues with that.