Thread: TBC UI Changes
View Single Post
10-12-06, 01:28 AM   #54
Krimson
A Defias Bandit
blizz to try taking polls instead of just decreeing massive changes?

So far I've read a whole lot of negative responses to the proposed changes by Blizzard. I've heard a small handful of people defend Blizz's position and maintain a positive view that "things will all work out". I do generally believe the latter - Blizz has a multi-million dollar business at stake here, if this receives a huge backlash and people start canceling accounts, they'll change their tune real fast. But it's in Blizz's best financial interest to resolve this situation before it ever gets to that point, so we'll see them make concessions and/or we'll see mod writers work with Blizz to minimize the impact. That's all great.

But with that all said, why the H*LL hasn't Blizz put some sort of common voting/polling system in place ot ask players what they think about these things before they announe these huge sweeping changes? Ask players simple yes/no voting questions about things like whether they think the mods being affected by these changes enhance or detract from gameplay and see what the responses are. If 80% of players say these mods enhance gameplay and make it more fun/enjoyable to play their game, then the course of action is obvious.

I canceled my WoW subscription about six months ago. I just got burned out. While I was playing out my last few days of my subscription, I wasn't interested in grinding since I was canceled anyway so I started looking at mods. It was the discovery of several mods which enhanced aspects of gameplay I didn't really enjoy that sucked me back in. I know from reading forums like these that I'm not alone in this regard. I wish Blizz would stop taking shots at some of these great mods in their attempt to "fix" the balance of their world. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't see a whole lot of people jumping up and down saying things like Squishy, Emergency Monitor, ClickHeal, etc are ruining the game for everyone. Bots ruin the game for everyone - go get them Blizz and leave us legitimate players who enjoy using mods alone.

For the record, I am a casual player, I enjoy WoW because it's fun but I still take pride in what I do and put in the effort to be a top healer. When it stops being fun, I'll stop playing. And so far this is shaping up to be a change in that direction. Blizz is taking out aspects of the game I consider fun (thanks to the mods that make them so) and replacing them (or leaving a gap) with things I consider not fun (which is why I quit the first time).

And for those of you elitists out there who say "I don't use mods, mods are a crutch, L2P and healers should just be staring at bars all day", I think Blizz should just make you guys your own server type like RP or PVP called "Elitists" where all mod functionality is disabled and you get to play WoW exactly the way Blizz builds it to be, no bells or whistles added. You can all transfer to that server and enjoy yourselves, more power to you.