Thread: TBC UI Changes
View Single Post
10-12-06, 03:07 PM   #57
Krimson
A Defias Bandit
UI changes

Democracy isn't imposing the will of the majority. If that were so, we'd have no taxes for instance. Who *wants* to pay their taxes?
Good point, and an interesting example. I have no choice when it comes to paying taxes. I DO have a choice when it comes to playing WoW. If taxes are no longer fun, I still gotta pay 'em. By comparison, when WoW is no longer fun, I can (and will) choose to stop playing. I like WoW, I'd like to continue playing, so I will push for Blizz to make changes that maintain the aspects of WoW that I consider fun.

Everyone wants a free mount, if Blizzard were to vote on that, 95% of everyone would answer "I want a free mount"
I like to give Blizz SOME credit. I expect they have intelligent people who can come up with relevant questions to issues other than whether or not we all want a free mount. They should ask - do you think decursive is helpful or detrimental to gameplay? There are people on both sides of the spectrum, and I think Blizzard should be making more informed decisions than their designers debating in a board room somewhere. They should have direct player feedback into these decisions, and as it is all they have for that feedback are a bunch of boards where they have to dig and hunt for the gems of useful input. A direct polling system (EQ had this, they'd ask you when you logged in) to relevent issues could provide some assistance in their decision-making process.

That's why I don't like decision making mods; they propose a template of "absolute" healing or decursing. With these mods, not only are people not understanding what they are doing right, but they aren't understanding what they are doing wrong, and that is something terrible to my eyes.
I absolutely agree with you. And see the thing is, the people who ARE retards and use mods to make up for it, it's obvious. And guess what? They don't last long and stand out for what they are. People like you and me who take pride in our class and use mods to eliminate the undesirable/monotonous aspects of the game so that we enjoy it more, we stand out for who we are and people appreciate playing with us. See, mods don't change the quality of the player. That's why Blizz lets them exist - they generally don't give people unfair advantages, they just help us (the players) fix deficiencies in the default UI and enhance our game experience, customizing it to how we like to play. Blizz is specifically targetting certain mods with these changes (just like they did with the movement-bind mods a few patches ago) that many of us enjoy, and this just makes many of us frustrated with Blizz.

We're not asking for free mounts, freedom from taxes or anything extreme like that. We know there are bots out there and we know there are retards out there. Blizz needs to go get the bots. The player community can figure out the retards from the smart people themselves. Blizz just needs to leave these mods alone and let us enjoy them when they aren't considered detrimental to the gaming experience by the majority of players - these mods make THEIR game more fun to play and they're being written for FREE by the community. Yep - Blizz gets FREE help making their game more fun, which in turn sells more subscriptions (Blizz has so far gotten an extra six months outta me that they wouldn't have had if not for mod writers). They like to thank that free help by constantly chaffing against it and reducing functionality available to them. There are other ways to fix problems, they need to stop taking the easy road by disabling mod functionality (a very broad and destructive brush) and instead work on finding other solutions to the problems they are trying to solve.