View Single Post
06-02-11, 10:06 PM   #330
Fiercy
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Now I am curious if I can apply a gradient to a texture. Testing... I'll get back to you.

Edit:
Okay tested... And here is the easiest way I came up with. I made a gradient texture and added some chop to it.... ie used one of my random brushed in gimp and made the choppy pattern on it.

Code:
{ name = "tester", -- test
    anchor_to = "CENTER", anchor_to = "CENTER",
    y_off = 0, height = "20%", width = "40%", level = 0,
    tex_file = "testtexture.tga",
    bg_color = {0,0,1}, bg_alpha = 0.45, -- was playing with different alphas for the screenshots
},
{ name = "tester2", -- test
    anchor_to = "CENTER", anchor_to = "CENTER",
    y_off = 0, height = "20%", width = "40%", level = 0,
    bg_color = {0,0,0}, bg_alpha = 0,
    border = "SOLID", border_color = {0,0,0},
},
Same effect, half the work? And you could easily just put the border on the main frame. I just kept it apart so I wouldn't mistakenly delete any of it

I've got the texture available if you'd like to use it, its in the zip file.
Wow nicely done! Ty so much!! I thought of having overlapped frames like you did here, but idk why i didn't test it. Ty for the tex too
There are countless ingredients that make up the human body and mind, like all the components that make up me as an individual with my own personality. Sure, I have a face and voice to distinguish myself from others, but my thoughts and memories are unique only to me, and I carry a sense of my own destiny. Each of those things are just a small part of it. I collect information to use in my own way. All of that blends to create a mixture that forms me and gives rise to my conscience.

Last edited by Fiercy : 06-02-11 at 10:09 PM.