Thread: New bug
View Single Post
10-07-12, 11:13 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The absolute first thing you should do id to make sure ALL of your addons are as up to date as is possible. After that:

Well, the only way to really know if it's Carbonite causing the problem would be to try to reproduce it by disabling all of your addons at the character selection screen and testing with absolutely no addons enabled and running to see if that solves the problem completely.

If that solves the problem completely, then go back to the character selection screen and enable ONLY Carbonite. Log back into your character and see if the problem reappears. If it does not, then Carbonite is not causing the problem.

If Carbonite does not cause the problem to reappear, you would have to re-enable small groups (or one at a time if you only have a few) of addons and test until the problem reappears. Then you would have to disable the last group of addons you enabled, and enable that group one at a time, testing after enabling each individual addon in that group, until the problem reappears. That addon should be the one that is causing the conflict.

Time consuming, and possibly irritating, for sure, but it is the only way to really figure out which addon is causing your problem.

EDIT: OK, I just re-read your first post and I'm really baffled. Is your Carbonite updated to the Latest Version? If it is, and everything else is up to date, then I don't have a clue what could be causing your problem. Have you tried resetting Carbonite? To do this go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and delete or rename the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files there.

If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will. /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-07-12 at 11:33 AM.