View Single Post
10-23-15, 08:26 AM   #15
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
I woud say the toc file because the Author has to change it every time he reuploads a new version. If you try to upload a new version on curseforge without updating the toc you get blocked. But I think its even better to just compare the date of ALL files inside the addons folder - so its easy to check if the user has made changes on the addon files and show this addon as modified like in curse client.
Not true. In most cases, a change to the ToC isn't required at all. The only reasons to do so would be to add/remove things to load, such as files or libraries, or to change the Interface version when there's a new patch. Requiring that for every AddOn update would be a great deal more than annoying, since it would force the author to invent new ways to make the ToC different... and when you have cases of three updates to the same AddOn in a given day, that could become rage-inducing.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.