View Single Post
05-24-09, 12:25 PM   #41
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
My stance being that I truly enjoy the convenience (yup, I'm lazy and don't want to unzip them myself, even though I do know how) that updaters provide, but I also prefer to be an informed consumer by keeping tabs on what has changed and why. So before hitting the update/update all buttons I peruse the changelogs of any updated addons. Then make my decision on what to update.
I'm actually thinking of evolving my addon strategy further.

Each maintenance day I update. These happen every 2 weeks so they are spaced far enough apart so my updating isn't ridiculously often. On these nights I've got nothing to do all night so it should fit in well. It's also easier to remember to do it on that night.

I'll use an updater client to see specifically what's addons have been updated - at the moment i get an email for each build submitted of an addon so a way to reduce the duplicate emails I look at would be good.

I'll still do my Major update/ Minor update thing by checking the change logs for the addons in question. I'll keep getting the addon update emails so they provide a good backup when I'm wanting to do a quick search of change logs.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)