View Single Post
05-08-10, 08:13 PM   #11
Belgarius
A Fallenroot Satyr
I thought of that, but more or less dismissed it due to the length of time that passed while the condition persists. Unlike many lag/latency related issues I've seen, once this presents itself, it remains until I either reload the interface or log out. Zoning has no effect, nor have changes to the latency values. I've also noted it on more than one server, with overall low to high latency and while I can't attest to the number of times it happened on each, I can that it has. I'll give that a shot here this evening, and see if I can find anything useful.

The last time it happened, it dawned on me to see if I was able to do things that I shouldn't be able to do if the game saw my client as being in combat. I've seen more than one occasion in game where I would be in combat with no indication of what or where. Those times I was unable to do things like mount, eat, use scrolls and so on, but... the game indicated, as well as saw, combat.
In the situation I am seeing, I am able to do things I would not be able to if the game were seeing me in combat, and there is no other indication that I am.

The value of the addon far outweighs some nitpicking quirk in my book, and is well worth the little bit of time it may require to be reloaded occasionally. I can live with it, and be happy as a clam. Just happen to be one of those types that notice something, and can't quite give up looking at it.