Thread: Memory Leak
View Single Post
05-28-09, 04:45 PM   #16
Akryn
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So my point stands I am getting a memory leak
If I may offer some helpful advice here. There are probably just a handful of people (the addon authors) who are able to actually fix your problem; they are exactly the sort of people (coders) who are likely to be incredibly anal about the definitions of terms like "memory leak" -- which this isn't, regardless of how many times you claim that it is -- and so, even though it's actually completely irrelevant whether you know what a memory leak is, will probably be completely unwilling, psychologically unable even, to offer advice to you while the question of whether this is in fact a memory leak remains open, and while someone may be wrong about it on the intertubes. I know I would if it were me. Therefore, it might be beneficial to simply admit that, even though this problem fits the common-usage definition of a memory leak, and 99% of people would refer to it as a memory leak, there exists a technical term "memory leak" which was the original and correct usage of the phrase, and which does not and cannot apply to this specific problem by definition.