View Single Post
02-02-16, 02:09 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
It isn't ideal in the long run, nor meant to be the way to always keep things up to date. But the current database while it has some Cata, MoP, and WoD is still largely built on pre-cata information, many quests were removed, some added, chains changed, along with an outdated system where the NPCid Carbonite knows, is not the real ID. It's either scrap everything and start over using submissions, or scrape to clean the entire thing up then move to submissions going forward.

Ideally there would be some sort of API somewhere, but no one provides such.
Yep there is no such API. Also there are many problems with scrapping but i manage it to work. So i can scrap whole database again, no problem (plus new realNCPids). It isnt perfect but better to start with this than with nothing. The question is, should i scrap data with new realNPCids in quest database + new NPCids table or leave it the old way?

Also i can scrap other data from wowhead/wowdatabase like vendors etc. but this is not ready yet.

Recording quest data is in carbonite and it works... so thats for the future. I did some application to autoupload this data but its not working great (got no time for fix).

Last edited by ircdirk : 02-02-16 at 02:24 AM.