View Single Post
08-16-08, 06:55 AM   #527
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post Beta 2 Pre-Release update #2 just went out...

The second update to the pre-release was just e-mailed to everyone on the test list... nUI supporters and translators. Here is the status of this update to the best of my knowledge...

-----------------------------

The following are the issues and gripes that I'm aware of at present. If I've missed any, please let me know... I'm getting old and addle minded you know ~grin~
  • The minimap did not scale correctly at all display resolutions (fixed)
  • The battlefield minimap did not scale correctly at all display resolutions (fixed)
  • The pet feeder is throwing an error about trying to anchor to itself (fixed)
  • European servers are throwing an error that the TimeManagerClockButton does not exist (fixed)
  • Recount and nUI are not playing well together -- (I *think* I have this one fixed)
  • Buff/Deff icons do no always display time and sometimes don't appear when they should
  • The pet happiness button does not update when the pet gains happiness and sometimes does not appear
  • If you do not already have a combat log tab on your chat window frame, then you end up with a blank combat log tab on the info panel. (I *think* I have this one fixed)
  • The nUI login greeting message wasn't printing (fixed)
  • Name labels on unit frames still do not use class colors like they should (fixed)
  • Popup menu locations on unit frames need to be fixed... they're being placed off the bottom of the screen
  • Unit talent spec/build text is printing and odd message "normal" -- shouldn't be printing anything since it's currently disabled
  • Raid frames do not correctly sort by raid group number
For lack of a better word for it... current gripes I'm aware of...
  • The health bars on the raid frame need to be larger for healers. I'm thinking to make them the background to the name label maybe? That would make them full height health bars though I loath having things on top of the ends of health and mana bars. Thoughts?
  • The default location of the fixed position tooltips in the upper left corner may not be the best location. Thoughts?
As a matter of record... the ButtonBag is not present in the pre-release you have, so the minimap buttons are on the map still. That will go away when I enable the button bag. Likewise, Fubar and Titan support also not enabled, so the console do not automatically move with those bars. I will have both of these items resolved today.

Along the same lines... the 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if you understand.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/