View Single Post
05-02-09, 12:20 PM   #3
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Well, I personally voted for Coke because I've been a long time fan of the Coca-Cola company. I've been drinking Coke as long as I can remember.

Coca-Cola is one of the original Cola soft drinks so I think that enough should win my vote as best Cola beverage.

However, I dislike Pepsi because when I used to watch TV, I saw a lot of ads for Pepsi and they always made me angry. Why? Because (this may sound corny) they often used sex appeal to sell their drinks! You know if they have top female celebrities and models selling their product, you know at least the men are going to buy it, especially the young teenagers who are just hitting puberty and are taking a higher notice in girls. Doesn't seem right to me, even though Pepsi isn't the only one who does this.

Another thing I don't like about Pepsi's ads is the fact that half the time it seems they also compare themselves to Coca-Cola, literally saying between the two, Pepsi is the best choice, and if you disagree then you're stupid. I really hope people do have their own opinion and not just what the media tells them to think.

What I do like about the Coca-Cola ads is that from what I remember, it always seems to be about have a good time and just to have a cold refreshing drink on a hot day, or if it's close to the Holiday season, drinking Coca-Cola with fuzzy polar bears or Santa.

I'm not saying Coca-Cola has never used sexual appeal to sell their products, but to be fair, I think (from what I recall) Pepsi takes the cake on that aspect. I remember seeing in antique shops some really nice Coca-Cola pin-up calendars, very cool 1950's vintage stuff. However, I'd never buy a poster of Britney Spears holding a can of Pepsi, even if I did like Pepsi.

/sigh, okay that's one man's opinion, I'd like to hear from the rest of you now, please!