View Single Post
01-20-12, 11:28 AM   #1528
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Epiphany17 View Post
Might as well post it! My UIs currently all look the same minus the UFs, bleh.
<snip>

C&C is appreciated!
Fantastic. This is what we need more of!

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I think we have reached a point where most original/revolutionary ideas have been implemented, there is a "solution" to a lot of problems which is generally easy to find, and people are now working on refinement instead. At least that's how I see it - it definitely is the case for me, my UI hasn't had a major update in quite some time now. I keep pushing out tiny changes to the theme, bug fixes, performance improvements, etc - but no drastic changes.
Things do not have to revolutionize the way we think of minimalistic UIs to be good. We "lost" a lot of the "core UI posters", such as Led, Lyn, Kamii (Still plays), Carebear and several others. We're left with a few good UI posters (good is subjective, but I'm fairly sure you know what I'm hinting at), a ton of bad ones and a ton of TukUI edits which all look the same.

I've got nothing against TukUI, but I do think it killed a lot of the UI scene by being so easy to use. It also fits the general population very well because it's not very minimalistic. People are usually scared away from the pixelated, transparent look of, for example, FreeUI.
In reality, I think FreeUI is the single best "one-click-install" UI out there. I know Kamii uses an edited version of FreeUI.

Originally Posted by Zagrei View Post
Because we had nothing else to do? Hehe :P
I think it's because the scene was bigger, and as such we had more constructive criticism going around.