View Single Post
04-30-09, 09:19 AM   #23
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by TiaMaster View Post
HA. Funny, I am a Mac tech....

I have been working on Macs probably since before you were born. That would be 1984, in case you were wondering.

And since you like to yell more than explain things properly, again, you never had it installed properly.
Get funny now, age cracks are never appropriate since many of us who have the most trouble learning and retaining new material are older than you are. Yes, you heard me right older than that. The first computer I ever worked on used punched paper tape for external storage.

One of the things about going from a windows pc to a mac that I will never adjust to is the lack of being able to see all the subfolders. There are many things I can do on the mac in 1/3 fewer steps but some things I can't do at all because I can't see the sub file structure. One of the things I have not been able to do on the mac is do a simple cut and paste of the file directory. The simple highlight, followed by copy then paste does not work. Or if it is possible I am too darn old too figure it out. WOW is not limited to kids there are many who play who are older who may not process information as fast as the kids do and whose fingers are not as agile and accurate on keyboards ask are those of kids who grew up on the computer.

Next time you stoop to pulling the age card think twice. It really makes you look like an inconsiderate and rude - well I can't think of a good word for what I want to say. One of the things that bothers me most is that I have had multiple sclerosis since before you began working on macs in 84. So no my typing ability is not perfect, my fingers do not always hit the keys I am aiming at, my brain does not always do what I want it to do as fast as I want it do do it but I am no kid.

So if you have constructive information on how to post the file structure say so because this old dumbass does not know how to manage that on a mac.

And it irritates the living daylights out of me when people assume I do not know how to simply unzip a program. I ran dos 3.5 to 6.0 before windows 3.0, then I ran windows 3.0, 95, 98, m3 and xp before getting a mac. File structure on this mac is not anywhere near like it was working with windows. If it was transferring all the data files from my aged palm E2 to a new Centro would have been a piece of cake instead of something akin to pulling teeth.

That over thanks to the droplet Carbonite is functioning again.