View Single Post
05-10-09, 06:48 PM   #10
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Interesting, because I was actually coming here with the same thoughts today. I have wondered if the new donations model has pretty much ruined the Carbonite support structure. It's been several weeks since the last update, and there are many changes needed just to keep it up to date now.

I'd actually like to advocate an open source model for Carbonite. There are many of us who would donate time as well as money to add fixes to the Carbonite code. Many of which are over due.

Not really getting down on the author, just want to see this Great addon get back on the development track.

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
I think the reason for the lack of updates was they where to busy implementing a voting system where you Pay to vote for which feature they work on next.
Oh gosh I hope this isn't true. That voting system was a total waste from what I could see. Horrible way to spend developer time if in fact that was holding things up. Lots of suggestions here already, and plenty of things to fix that they knew about before the "Poll" was put up.