Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
12-21-14, 05:36 PM   #960
Chazzfazzle
A Murloc Raider

FPS Issue

Originally Posted by sodade21 View Post
The performance issue is not from that.. i tried to have enabled only carbonite addon without quests,infos,warehouse,notes etc and the performance issue is still there... something with the overlay of the map does that..i dunno though...
sadly this is a deal breaker for me...i can hardly do quests like that..no mention for anything else
This is the same issue I get. In fact it is one of only two issues I have. Everything else runs perfectly. No errors whatsoever. Oddly enough it does not seem to matter what modules I have active. The problem arises as soon as the map starts tracking your location. When I initially log in and have not moved my character yet, and the map is just showing whatever it's starting position is, my frame rate is great. But as soon as I take a step and the map starts tracking my position, BOOM, 60-80 fps drop. Combine that with the lag and fps drop from quest objective and progress changes and in my case you're talking about a 100 +/- fps loss. The questing part doesn't bother me as there are several useful but much less desirable alternatives available until the quest tracker is sorted out. I will say that the fps drop is much greater in all parts of Draenor than the rest of the world. My experience has been 20-30 fps drop in most of the old world. Static buildings also seem to give a boost when inside them, but I think that is just from reduced overhead in the game itself. So yeah. That's my two cents thrown into the mix.

And as always, a big thanks to you guys (and gals?) for all the work and effort going into this project to make the best addon in WOW even better.

Last edited by Chazzfazzle : 12-21-14 at 05:39 PM.