View Single Post
08-24-09, 07:38 PM   #63
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
I think and hope you will enjoy it when it is released, us2006027321.
To be fair, I did not initially look at WoW as something I would ever enjoy in the first place. I have been pleasantly surprised at what I've enjoyed thus far, and I look forward to being pleasantly surprised in the future. Thank you for the encouragement.
Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
Why should I have to go to a website such as www.elitistjerks.com to find out which will benefit me more? I have to find out if 10 Agility or 20 AP is better. Also, I shouldn't need to download EnhSim and Rawr to find out if my DPS will increase with a different combination of gear or weapon changes. "Agility is good for my class so that is one of the gems I will use". I don't see why this is a bad thing.
I have always spent a good deal of time on WoWWiki before I play any class researching what stats will most effectively benefit me and how. I rarely listen to what EJ has to say, and it has allowed me to learn quite a bit about the game. WoWWiki + time at the combat dummies = me learning a ton about the game. If I know why Intellect is good for me as a Mage, why Agility is better than Strength for me as a Marksman Hunter, or why Spirit is better for me as a Druid, it doesn't matter what the game or anyone else tells me; I have experience learning it for myself, and chances are high that I'm going to remember it and be able to explain it to others rather than trust that the game or some website didn't inadvertently lead me down the road to second-best.

Last edited by us2006027321 : 08-24-09 at 07:42 PM.