View Single Post
09-10-09, 11:06 PM   #37
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not here to argue. I'm also not here to try to convince you that using my AddOn is a good thing to do, so saying that I'm part of a purely perceptual problem is a load of bull****.

As to the reasons for not banding together to make a standard rating system...that's like asking why there are so many action-bar AddOns, or so many different buff AddOns. Different strokes for different folks. I didn't like the huge numbers I saw in other AddOns, or what I deemed arbitrary ratings. I don't care what your spec is, or if you're a Paladin who likes to heal in cloth. Judging should be up to the individual, not a number.

GearGauge wasn't intended to be a quick way to "judge someone", but rather a quick way for the raid leader to say "Hey, why isn't your weapon enchanted? Why are you missing gems in your weapon, boots, and chest piece?" - at which point (at least in my guild) that person would either be taken on more runs to get what is needed, or something would be taken out of the guild bank. It was also intended for the other reasons I outlined - item-by-item stat breakdowns for comparisons, so someone has a chance to see what someone else is wearing in any given slot and perhaps have that in a wishlist.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

Last edited by Torhal : 09-10-09 at 11:11 PM.