View Single Post
07-09-13, 05:17 PM   #8
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh Raidbot is like improved version of Raidminder. I'm playing with it now. Wonder how I got raidminder instead. Strange. I just clicked a link from this thread. No matter more feedback to come!
Response to previous feedback - I get the short notes. I'll concede that What I mean by lock is making a note uneditable by anyone else. So it doesn't get drug to another frame, edited or what not. For instance, assigned a healer to use cd on boss ability 1 but someone changing it so crap now we don't have the cd now. If there was a lock feature that couldn't happen.

1. Does it still show per person message window like Raidminder did? That was very useful in our eyes - for accountability sake. This is also way more visible than chat messages during a fight since so much stuff happens in chat from DBM/bigwig/fatality/stupidmacro type things. The mass send/preview is awesome for start of fight or during strat adjustment to remind everyone of assignments but I doubt that mid fight it would be visible. You might just refresh or flash the individual display windows of raiders instead of sending everyone whispers for preview. I'm trying to think of a good way to draw attention.
2. Might just check out DBM for boss event relevant stuff.
3. Shorten the whisper to people - ie instead of saying "Custom Message 1: INSERT MESSAGE HERE" just have it say "INSERT MESSAGE HERE" or make it shorter. The name of the feild is taking up a ton of room.

Again I say. Looks very very promising. Keep up the good work.

I think the hardest part is going to be keeping up with raid bosses and getting it out in timely manner should you keep with the on event part of it. Everything looks great with most of the features that I felt were needed from raidminder. Personally I'd rather just have a per boss list of notes to send people's little display. But I totally get the onevent hook and it looks like it will be very useful for raid warnings or reminding our less that stellar people to concentrate or focus fire somewhere.

Last edited by Unkn : 07-09-13 at 05:42 PM.