View Single Post
12-30-13, 12:18 AM   #10
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Basically I don't give a flying potato what anyone does with code I wrote, I just don't want people pestering me with bug reports for bugs in code I didn't write. It's annoying enough when people claim to be using "the latest version" and I waste my time investigating a bug that turns out to be caused by them running a 3-year-old version of the addon.
Completely understandable and seems to be a common stance. I misunderstood your opinion on this, sorry for my faulty assumption.

EDIT: As for the addon, all my RealID friends logged out when I wanted to test it, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

EDIT#2: Okay, I've done some testing with a friend. With the addon enabled, I don't even see his messages. They're just completely gone. Without it, it displays just fine.

He's on the same server as me.
He's a RealID friend, not a BattleTag friend.
He does not have any special characters in his name or character name, or realm name. No apostrophes, nothing.
I tried with my chat addon enabled and disabled, no change.
Debug messages seem to work fine. I've blocked out his name, but that's it. It does show as Player Name (CharName-Server Name) in classcolor under that block.

That is the entire message I get when he sends a whisper to me with debugging on. It doesn't show the actual whisper still, but I'm unsure if that's intentional or not when debugging.

Last edited by Wimpface : 12-30-13 at 12:01 PM.