View Single Post
12-26-15, 12:05 PM   #11
balzer1075
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by sirann View Post
one, what's the point of the empty []
two, are you sure you can combo these macros together? ie, it doesn't just say "thunder tea on cd" or w/e?
The empty [] is for when no mouseover exists. If the conditions fail then it resorts to casting the default way. When I make my macros I set up a whole priority order like this:

Code:
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][] heal
This basically casts on mouseover if I'm mousing over someone friendly who is alive, but if they're dead, not friendly, or I'm not mousing over anyone then it casts on my target if its friendly or my targets target if that doesnt work (so I can cast heals by targeting the boss, sort of an easy way to be able to dps in heroics and still heal the tank). The [] actually isnt really needed here because we covered all possible cases but if for instance you just have /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] heal and you're not mousing over anyone then it just won't do anything. Whereas the same macro with [] added to the end will also cast on target if you have one or yourself otherwise (just like the normal spell without any conditionals.)