Thread: CTMod 2.0 Bugs
View Single Post
01-11-07, 12:15 AM   #139
Thors Liebling
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unhappy Me too - German client

Originally Posted by Viallynor
I get the following error when attempting to move or modify any window in the CT_BarMod: See attached JPG.

It does not appear to effect the capabilities of window movement, it just pops up, over and over and over and over and over.

Erro occures when the mouse moves over any window while trying to move them in CT_BarMod
Same here, also all the other mentioned bugs.

@ ct_raid developers:

I really am prepared to do some testing on mods, and I also appreciate to support mod developers, who invest so much of their spare time. I do this with known mods (such as Auctioneer, MetaMap, NotesUneed, BeneCast, RecipeeBook, Necrosis), and also with a couple of more unknown mods (such as Bookworm by Iriel, BeB by ArtureLeCoiffeur, Possessions by Lauchsuppe, ChatMod by Solariz, Recommended Level by Bhaldie, ZHunterMod by Zanzer). They all have in common, that the mod authors inform the mod users,
- if a certain version is alpha, beta, gamma, or release;
- that they read the bug reports and let people know, that they do so, by commenting the peoples' posts;
- when there will probably be an update, and also update more or less regularly.

The far best example of all is Auctioneer, which sometimes is being updated even twice a day!!! Ok, there are a whole lot of people standing behind mods like Auctioneer, but Norganna does a really good job in organizing the teamwork, keeping everything tidy and perfectly makes ends meet.
Benecast has been taken up and continued by a fan of the mod - Wintrow. Now, that his wife was pregnant and got a baby shortly before Christmas, he does not have so much time lately. But again, mod users, who became fans of the mod, took up the work and jumped in - first of them all Phlay. There are a whole lot of Benecast fans who help out with scripting and patching, testing on different clients and reporting bugs, .... Over the time, the Wintrow edition of Benecast now has got an active community, where people help each other out, and are in close online relationship, and this way the users are supporting the mod and the mod author in a very special and effective way.
Telic, the developer of NotesUneed, does not have so much time, but still one can see, that he knows what he is doing and he also updates and comments peoples bug reports quite regularly. Also, he works on fan editions of other mods, which have been given up by the original authors, but still have users, who love the certain mods, but are not capeable of scripting (like me for instance).

Anyways, these are just a few examples. CT_Raid and CT_RaidAssist have always had a great potential among the online community. They still are the number one of all raid tools and mods. What I am really missing is the communication between the developers and us users. This begins with a short message on the website saying when the low bandwith website is online and when it probably will be gone, also with the information for the users here and on your own website, when about there will be an update (alpha, beta, gamma or release!), and ends with brief comments in between all the bug reports.

Norgannas team has come up with a great tool called Swatter. It really helps pin down bugs and problems and in it's usage helps bug reporters, mod authors, and also common users in a perfect manner. Also Swatter takes a lot of threath off of it's users, when mods like CT_Raid and CT_RaidAssist would usually spam error messages, which most of us gamers don't even understand, and still lets us keep on playing WoW.

Since weeks I have the impression, that the CT_Raid team is not really interested in bringing the mod forwards, because of the above mentioned missing actions. It seems as if we report bugs and nobody really cares about them. With the newest versions all the major bugs from the last version are still there. Additionally there are a whole lot of new bugs. This mod is more broken than anything else. The whole situation really upsets me. I would like to help, but the way things are handled by the developers, makes it sort of useless. So for now, I am setting up my addon folder without the CT mods. I will be gladly install even an alpha version again, if you developers start to show some interest in the mod.

Off course all this is only my personal opinion. I hope I was able to write it down in an objective form. I am from Germany, and English is not my native language. Please do understand this post as critics, made in a sense of supporting the great CT mod of the former days. I am just so upset, now that I am giving up this mod for the meantime. It has accompanied me with all my chars for a very long period of time and has made things possible, that wouldn't have been able to do without it - for example killing Nefarian, Onyxia, the twins, .....