View Single Post
09-04-07, 08:49 PM   #37
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ok.. well earlier I had moved WoW out of Program Files and put it simply on my C: drive. I then had to reboot and got involved in a bunch of other things which consumed my day. I just now came back to it and saw it play the intro cinema and thought ok, maybe we have something here; but alas, that was just wishful thinking. Btw, the launcher on my desktop no longer worked and when I tried to put a copy of it from where it was onto the desktop I received a message that the launcher has to be in the same place as the program; so I had to click on it from within Windows Explorer..

@Kudane: Then I created a "Games Files" folder and put my WoW folder into that - again no joy. I still see no AddOns button.

Originally Posted by Shirik
If you don't want to lose all your settings, you may consider going into your virtual store and pulling out your WTF directory, as well, but given that it seems you have zero addons installed, that shouldn't be an issue for you.
This was true when I experienced the camera angle problem; but the point of this thread is that I do have addons installed now - my only problem is that I'm not seeing an AddOns button in the lower left (or anywhere else) on my character selection screen.

Next I'm going to try your suggestion about going into my Virtual Store and removing the WTF folder there. Thanks for all the help folks! It is much appreciated. =)

[edit to add]@Shirik: When you say "pull my WTF folder" from the Virtualization Store do you mean delete it? I found it just where you said it would be; but before I do anything I'd like to know for sure what you mean here..[/edit]

[edit#2]I put the WTF folder on the desktop just to get it out of the Virtualization Store; but I STILL can't see an AddOns button onscreen. This is driving me crazy.. I have an XP machine, but it has no vid card. Then there's this one with a 7900GS but with Vista.. ::siiiigh::[/edit]

[edit#3]What if I place the addons in the AddOns folder within the WoW directory that's in the Virtualization Store..?[/edit]

Last edited by Erurainon : 09-04-07 at 10:12 PM.