View Single Post
10-08-07, 03:56 AM   #10
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Sorry to revive an old thread which appeared answered; but I've yet to play again since Sep. 25th and the 2.2 patch when MazzleUI went kaboom. I finally decided to try my hand at fixing it a bit; but when I went to look for my already downloaded 2.1.3.6898-to-2.2.0.7272 patch, I found it already in my Games Files folder as opposed to Program Files!

So wasn't the answer supposedly to move it from wherever it downloaded to (assuming it wasn't in the Games Files folder) and move it to the Games Files folder??

When I double-click on the file it appears to patch the game ok and I get to the log-in screen fine, but once there the game gives me a "Patch Required" message and tells me to press the restart button to exit and download the patch that I just applied!!

Color me completely confused.

[edit to add]After I press restart, the patch gets automatically downloaded (even though I already have it) and a Blizzard Updater box appears with a "writing patch.file" progress bar at the bottom. It gets about 95% done or so and is replaced by another Blizzard Updater box which states "The file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\Uninstall.xml" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\Uninstall.xml.Trash". (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/3)".

(However the entire time that the Updater is running, I also have Windows Explorer open to show that there is absolutely nothing of WoW in Program Files. Not before the patch and not after.)

It then gives me the option to repair the old patched game to include third party addons. Since it says it will make a backup to include even the third party addons, I chose to repair and check as opposed to just checking the files.

And I'm back to square 1. Either I click on the launcher and wow.exe is not found or I click on the game executable itself which is in my WoW folder which also contains the 2.2 paqtch - along with every other patch - and is itself within the Games Files folder. I get to the log-in screen, log on, and get to the screen which says Patch Required and restart. [/edit]

Last edited by Erurainon : 10-08-07 at 04:20 AM.