View Single Post
11-28-09, 09:57 PM   #7
Sec
A Cyclonian

I give a dancing banana as a peace offering.

Also, I can see the Snuggie being useful, mainly because of my own situation. In a nutshell, I live in a very old house with a poor layout for heat circulation. I can either spend $300 for 100 gallons of oil (for a furnace that doesn't work well) and it can last 1-2 months if making the house warm. Or I can buy a load of wood for $75-100 for my wood-burning fireplace insert and it can last 1 month, but the house's layout means most of the house still stays cold.

I of course wear season-appropriate clothes but still find myself cold. If I'm stationary, I am bundled in a blanket but yes, it does fall and generally is a pain. So, I can see a blanket with sleeves as being useful. Just as I can see a fleece bedrobe as being useful too. My house can get under 54 degrees Fahrenheit easily and heating it effectively is rather hard and expensive.

I really am not surprised to see an idea like the Snuggie take off, given the fact that as corny and novel as it is, people are using it either just as a stocking stuffer or to help them stay comfortable while trying to save money with the cost of heating.

Besides, it's better than getting a pair of socks for Christmas, right?

... Wow, this sounded serious, given the fact that the subject is Snuggie. XD

I do agree that the name sounds gimmicky though. D: