View Single Post
04-15-09, 09:47 PM   #434
Hic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by vauge View Post
You know Hulu is trying to keep Boxee from getting their content.
It's not working.

What makes you think your idea is any brighter and will stop people from getting your content? People flock to wowmatrix. Your shooting yourself in the foot, it is unfortunate you cannot see it.

Wowmatrix is a new concept, like MP3's - it is considered illegal/piracy/wrong/un-ethical but ease of use always wins the day. The public only has a conscience when it actually effects their own person.

If your new updater is JAVA based like the crap you have currently, I'll pass and update manually. Make it super simple standalone *not JAVA* for all OS like wowmatrix, and you could come out a winner and genius. Better do it soon. Clock is ticking.

I'm guessing WM is working hard on a workaround...
What's the problem with JAVA? Right now is by far the most widely used multi-OS language, and it rocks for exactly these kind of applications.

I actually did my own java "updater" back when Wowace went under. It used google and directed me to pages instead of downloading. All in under 4kbs of code.

BTW, quite sure that right now the Download protection is based on Java. You're using it and not even noticing, way to shoot yourself in the foot

Last edited by Hic : 04-15-09 at 09:52 PM.