View Single Post
04-16-09, 05:47 PM   #522
Raventiger
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by guice View Post
Another will come and takes it place. You really think sites are irreplaceable?

I'm not painting WM has the white knight either. It's definitely has some spiders in its closet, but people used it for a purpose: it was simple, easy to use and it got the job done in the least amount of time with the least amount of intrusion (eg: ad intrusion, clicks). Anybody out to take up the slack has a lot to live up to, but it certainly isn't impossible.

Anyway. My point was don't pull "fine, we'll just close! How do you like that?" card. It's dumb. It's a bluff, and I called it.

No sites are not irreplaceable. Neither does the cash to maintain those sites grow on trees. So in the situation you present, sites that don't block WM simply go under due to WM's leeching and some other poor bugger puts a site up and has to pay WM bills instead.

Here's a novel idea, how about WM paying their bills and using their own bandwidth? Problem solved.

and it wasn't a we'll close our site down threat/bluff or anything else. It was a question based on the fact that due to the WM blocking, WM can no longer leech bandwidth from Curse/WOWInterface. Now if WM wasn't blocked and this site and Curse simply closed down, WM users would be in exactly the same situation as they are now. Actually no that's wrong WM users are in a better situation now, because at least they can still come here and get access to their mods.

Last edited by Raventiger : 04-16-09 at 05:50 PM.