View Single Post
04-16-09, 06:26 PM   #534
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by guice View Post
Not being rude here, but the truth is this: I, and everybody else, would be disappointed. UICGaming would be ecstatic! There is always somebody out there willing to fill the void.
<snip>
If *Interface closed doors; there will be another site to take up the slack. The authors will flock to UICGaming, WorldofWar.net, or any other site that's hosting add-ons.

Please, don't ask the questions you're not prepared for the answers. Try not to take this the wrong way; but you're hardly the white knight of Add-on distribution. You're just another site. Yes, a well ran site, with a good archive of add-ons in a simple to find manor, but still just another site.

Who said I didn't want to hear the answer? Who said I was trying to claim to be the white knight? I certainly didn't, on either count.

Another will come and takes it place. You really think sites are irreplaceable?
<snip>
Anyway. My point was don't pull "fine, we'll just close! How do you like that?" card. It's dumb. It's a bluff, and I called it.

I didn't say we were irreplaceable. And you can't call a bluff when there was no bluff to call.

My apologies if I took it the wrong way. I admit, I did skip around in the forums. I saw her single post with that single comment. I commented on it, out of context of the posts prior to that.

Guice, I have to admit, from having known you and worked with you (so to speak) for as many years as I have, I have been absolutely flabbergasted and hurt at the way you've been attacking us as a whole and me personally.

Anyway, to my point .... If you hadn't bothered to skip around, but had instead actually read the rest of the posts, you would have seen this:

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
The point I'm making here, though, is that a lot of people are mad at us for blocking WowMatrix. Would they be mad at us if instead we were just plain gone? The result, for those that are mad at us, would be the same: WowMatrix would be trying to find somewhere else to get the mods. So why in one scenario are they mad at us, but not in the other? (Yes, I know, I'm presuming here. I'm presuming they wouldn't be mad at us if we were just plain closed. If they'd be mad at us for that, too, then .... hell if I know, I just couldn't even begin to understand that.)
It wasn't a bluff. It wasn't a "fine, I'm taking my ball and going home". It was me saying that the end result, as far as the WM users were concerned, would be the same. We block WM, their users can't download from this site. We go out of business because we can't pay the bills that they incurred, their users can't download from our site. In the first case, we're being vilified. Why? Would we be equally vilified in the second? If we went out of business, would everyone still be all mad at us?

Yet in the first case, the users CAN still get the mods from our site, because we are still in existence. So why are we being vilified?

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-16-09 at 06:33 PM.