View Single Post
04-16-09, 07:00 PM   #542
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by guice View Post
Well, maybe if authors or interface sites were able to work with the "automated" WM a little cleaner, it wouldn't have been a problem. ^_^
I think the author's dissatisfaction was slightly misplaced.
Frankly, I think WM is a nice little program, aside from one thing (it edits TOC numbers, which it should not do. It should just simply set the "load outdated addons" automatically for the user). Back in the day when they were up-and-coming, had they come to me and asked to host my addons, and provided an easy way to submit that I could add to my release script, I probably would have pushed my stuff out through their program. They didn't though, instead of going for legitimate content to host, they just took a "free for all" approach. That alone doesn't endear me to them... and then when they leech other site's bandwidth to the point it becomes harmful? Well if they were to approach me today I wouldn't put my addons up on their program.

Simply put, if they had shown they were interested in providing a wonderful tool to the community as a whole, the community would have embraced it. Instead they proved that they would pursue any means possible to get content for their program, regardless of what the people providing that content had to say about it.