View Single Post
04-16-09, 07:35 PM   #551
Hic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
I've fought against TOC-updaters for a long time. They'll never go away, but at least I can try to get people to see that not only are the unneeded due to the "load outdated" checkbox, but they are actually destructive because they blow away important information.

Good example: TBC. Blizzard changed the behavior of the load outdated here a tiny bit, due to the major changes. Addons with TOCs that were too old were marked as "incompatible" instead of "out of date". They did that for a very good reason. Mass TOC updating breaks that, and loads old untested addons that were very likely to break in spectacular ways.

Don't apologize though, you actually got me thinking about things here. I have found a simple way to stop it from happening with my addons for the most part. Going to update my packaging script before my next release batch. Sure, it can be worked around just as easily as I can set it, but I just tested and it at least stops WM from screwing with my addon's TOC files
My problem is more like... "I want not to load all the out of date addons except that ubberawsome-can'tlivewithout addon. Editing the TOC can fix that.

But I see your point there.