View Single Post
04-17-09, 06:06 AM   #557
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I wish people would put themselves into WoWi and Curse's shoes.

They have spent years setting up sites for addons FREE for the community. The ad revenue they do get goes toward paying for their bandwidth. Not everyone uses ad blockers and they have a few premium members who help pay the cost. They have put many hours into their sites for the community.

Say it was your sites and WM was using your bandwidth with no way for you to get compensated for the use so you have the extra cost with no compensation. Wouldn't you do something to stop their access? I know I would.

I have been using WoWi for many years and have gotten to know a few of them over here. I have seen them bend over backwards for people and yet when they blocked WM they got slammed. They provide a FREE service to the community. Just because WM had something nice does not mean they were supposed to have something. I cannot imagine the cost of the bill for the bandwidth. Their bandwidth usage went down 50% after they blocked WM.

They were up more than down vs last patch when you could never connect to the site for 3 days, yet this time there were only small outages.

They provide the service to people yet get slammed when they try to protect their sites from going bankrupt. Sorry but that is just wrong.