View Single Post
04-18-09, 07:45 AM   #565
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Don'tforget that WoWI's client is changing soon when they release the new one
The current wowinterface updater is dated 02-28-2008. That's 13.5 months old.

From other posts on Wowinterface it appers to me that the programmer working on the wowinterface updater is doing this in his spare time: he is in grad school. Nothing wrong with that but shouldn't Wowinterface have waited until the new program is finished before locking users out of the ability to run wowmatrix for updates? My fear is that there won't be an updated version anytime soon.

Since Curse and Wowinterface were able to come together to address the Wowmatrix issues, can they also come together to create one unified addon updater that will protect their revenue and bandwidth? Being a former programmer, I realize that is easier said than done.

My current thoughts are to manually update my addon's myself. Go directly to the source site for the addon (instead of depending on Curse and/or Wowinterface to have the most recent version): I realize that Wowinterface may be the official source, but not always.

I'm very frustraited at this point. I'm frustriated at Curse, Wowinterface, and Wowmatrix. If those 3 entities were really concerned about the "Wow Community", they would work together to make life easier for the community. If Wowmtrix didn't want to play fair, Curse and Wowinterface should have cooperated by creating a single updater program that would meet their individual requirements.

Last edited by sconley : 04-18-09 at 07:48 AM.