View Single Post
05-04-09, 06:22 AM   #17
florinpatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Has any of you guys tried and run a antivirus like Kaspersky or Norton while runing WoWMatrix?

If so can you tell me what the heck is going on with all those registry changes and calls to operating system files?

All of these can be stopped and WoWMatrix continues to run well but the thing is that any add-on updater program that makes unwanted calls to operating system files and registry does more that just getting a file of a website and unziping it to the right folder.

Don't tell me that it's fine by you because you run Linux or Mac and you don't care because you might have no idea on what WoWMatrix does to your system, on Windows at least I see it trying and changing registry entries about ads, blocked sites etc. and getting stopped by my antivirus.

I've just tried WoWMatrix once, and when I've saw what it does I've gone to the old method of downloading add-ons from WoWI and Curse by myself.

I'm currently waiting for WoWI updater as Curse doesn't have all the add-ons that I have installed.