View Single Post
08-30-12, 05:36 AM   #314
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My inbox received 116 e-mails while I was sleeping. I'll have to be short and skip a lot of posts, but I did read them. Yes, I know RC 3 is a bit on the buggy side. I was in a bit of a bind with that one though because a lot of things that needed fixing were fixed in it, and a lot of things that I thought were working fine decided to break

Originally Posted by galvin View Post
I can confirm getting the same thing. Logging out and back in cleared it up though. So not sure what causes it to happen.
I'm going to focus on these bugs, not sure what's causing them.

Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
I don't think scrolling is the answer, either. If you put everything in a single window thing again, it'll just be too busy again.

I'm thinking possibly something like the Office ribbon. People "hated" it, but mostly because of retraining, not the design itself. But it is designed for large feature sets, and works well when you have a lot of features.

That's just an idea, though. Truth is, I'd have to sit down and take a close look at the new features to try to come up with a decent UI design.
It's not just the new features now, it's the new features down the line. Problem with sticking a Ribbon in is knowing what to fill it with. Plus I'm sure I'd be crucified for touching the UI again, it's got that Marmite effect right now where you either love it or you hate it.

To be honest, I'm happy that it's a controversial and disliked change - if less people who hate it use the addon then I've got less people I need to somehow please - I'm the sort of guy who'd prefer ten users over a thousand

Originally Posted by kiingz View Post
2: I couldn't find a way to disable/enable auras or individual displays, is this not implemented yet or am I being a moron and simply not seeing any button to do so?
I might re-implement the option in the future - I'd also want to improve it so that you could possibly load/unload auras and displays based upon trigger events. So you could have an aura dedicated to Dragon Soul bosses that'd only activate while in the raid itself - outside of the raid it'd be unloaded.

3: Is there currently any way to have multiple auras shown instead of just the one you're editing? For example, while positioning the displays for one aura having other auras displayed makes it easier to align them or prevent them from overlapping.
I'm hoping to make that change today.

4. Possible to add the ability to move displays into other auras (or merge/split them)?
If I stop getting over a hundred emails that I need to process, read comments and respond to - I'll get it done by next week assuming I fix all the other bugs.

5: When trying to make displays the same color, it's hard to get it exactly the same using the current method, anyway you could add the ability to set colors using RGB or Hex values?
That's sort of outside my realm of control - we use the built-in color picker that WoW provides. We could modify it, but then we'd break any other addons that are explicitly designed for such purposes.

6: The ability to sort auras in the list, I know this sounds stupid and completely pointless but it would be nice!
Mmmaybe?