View Single Post
08-28-08, 04:18 PM   #25
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Timeliness of Updates: This one is subjective, during some periods, an author may be able to update his addons with cool new features twice a week.. then take a month or two before releasing somehing new, the addon isn't dead, but life has its load on all of us..
I was thinking more along the lines of updates that fix bugs and fix features that break after Blizz does an update. Guess it can be titles Timeliness of Bug Fixes or something along those lines to reduce confusion.

Computer CPU/Memory Hogging: Too subjective too.. I don't want to start a debate about this, but everybody has his opinion on what a "bloated" addon is. Some people think that and addon that eats 5mb of memory is fine, some other find it bloated.. but if the addon manages a lot of data, then it's simply normal, and it's not necessarily poorly coded.
This isn't really subjective if you think about it. Most people will not (hopefully) be trying to compare resource use of an addon like QuestHelper to something like Bagnon. They are two completely different kinds of addons that perform completely different functions. But, if QuestHelper is compared to something like CarboniteQuest (which performs similar functions), then the resources used should be roughly the same, and if they are much different, then it probably should be taken into account (especially by those users who have computers that don't run too well with no addons at all).

Just because a mod uses a good piece of resources doesn't mean it's a bad mod. It might just be the nature of that mod.

Last edited by littlebuddha79 : 08-28-08 at 05:08 PM. Reason: adding a statement that i forgot.