View Single Post
09-05-10, 05:15 AM   #5
Nefrirr
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DNBRMG View Post
Humm, I wonder if creating the Win 7 program/appdata paths, even though they are not the XP equivalents, would work.
Probably not. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a Win XP system, so I cant really help you with that. Note however that on both Win7 and OS X I found two (!) different battle.net caches, one seems to be linked to the live account and one to the beta account. (Upon deleting the cache, one folder was only restored when I started live wow and the other one only when I started beta WoW).

On Win7 it sufficed to complete the beta cache with the chache fileso of other users from the official beta forum thread (the one I linked in the original post), on OS X I had to delete both caches and complete BOTH with the third party files. God knows I don't know why.

Anyway, make sure to search thoroughly for battle.net cache files and make sure you edited the right cache. The beta cache was in hidden folders on both Win7 and OS X for me while the live cache was not (at least on OS X).