View Single Post
08-02-08, 07:50 AM   #1
tuxeh
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Assistance with frames in lua

Hi there.

I am a relatively new addon author, but I've got experience with other languages such as C++ and Java so I'm not new to it all.

I've talked with several addon authors, and most say that XML clutters up the global environment and that you might just as well create your frames in lua to create frames during runtime when needed, not to mention the dreaded xml debugging.

I have successfully created simple frames, with a background, but that's where it stops for me. I've found a couple of tutorials on how to create frames in XML, but I've not been able to port the code in to lua (by finding a matching method for the xml parameter, as some of them seem to me to be non-existant).

What I am asking is if there are any guides, or a reference/documentation that explains the lua methods for the frame objects, and what methods that have to be called to get these up and running as I've not found wowwiki to explain just that.

Edit: I just want to mention that I have been able to create a simple frame, assign a background, and set plus register events with the frame. I am however clueless when it comes to creating a visible frame with buttons, borders, pretty much the whole shebang

Last edited by tuxeh : 08-02-08 at 08:00 AM.