View Single Post
03-29-11, 11:47 AM   #9
Gruffness
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Very interesting.

About the bank/bag issue with quests I dont think it takes away from anything if you dont see the items you must collect in your inventory. With an ever expanding inventory of items in this game it would be a big help if quest items were organized some where else. It would make sense to put things in a special place if your collecting them for a special reason.
I think an expandable "Quest Bag," much akin to our "Key Ring," would go a long way in solving storage issues when dealing with large numbers of special quest items, loot and other things that only exist for particular quests. Items that have other uses such as spider meat or bear/wolf meat (for example) would still be treated as normal though I should think that the amount required for a quest should allow that item quantity to be stored in the "Quest Bag" (think siphon) for the duration of the quest. It would help prevent accidental sale of needed quest fulfillment items, meaning items in the "Quest Bag" can't be sold unless dragged into a normal bag, either default or player made etc.

It would also maintain the look and feel of the current inventory system.