View Single Post
11-16-10, 06:49 PM   #4224
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by zork View Post
So...I have a problem. I needed raidframes that fit my new unitframes so I made them. I like the idea with the chains aswell:

<screenshots>

But ... still that the raidframes fit in nicely I'm not really satisfied. Useing simeple square raidframes would eat the look imo. Hmm...
Those spikes cost place but are needed to make it look alike. But I think I could still make them smaller in width and a bit taller in height.

Any other ideas? What is a must is outer glow for debuff, border coloring for threat.
The only thing I see that could use a change is size; the red for out of range is a little strange to me, but I can see its use, and I just love the chains. The shorter ones are best for a raid, though I'd consider using the longer ones in a party setting with those bars.

In regards to the graphic, while the spikes unify everything nicely, maybe they could be edited to use less space? I hope you'll forgive the butchery, but maybe something more like the attached image. Blunted, but in the same style as the rest. The bottom part is the "final product," I added the pieces on top to show how I got there. Of course the sizing isn't taken into account, but you get the idea.

If it needs to be spiky, though, changing the width and height could be enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rothRaidIdea.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	5252