View Single Post
09-01-12, 01:45 PM   #318
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've seen a few posts that people are having problems seeing their Carbonite routes (it's being hidden behind the Blizz minimap when the maps are merged) with the fan update patches that are posted in the forum.

I think I might have found a solution for that.

Start by opening your maximized map. (The default for this, with Carbonite installed, is simply pressing the "M" key)

Pick a spot with your cursor that is in the same zone you are in, but on the other side of that zone from your current location.

Press and hold the "ctrl" key, then, while holding the "ctrl" key, left click on that spot.

By default, that is how you put a "goto" point on the Carbonite map.

Go back to your minimized map. (Press the "M" key again)

If you see your complete "goto" path on your minimized map, you don't have to do anything else. (Well except get rid of the path which you can do by right clicking a non-icon area of the minimized map and choosing "Clear Goto" in the menu)

If, however, you can't see the entire path (Blizz's minimap is blocking part of it), here's what you can try:

Right click a non-icon area of the minimized map. In the menu, choose "Minimap...", and in the next menu you can adjust the "Docking Below Map Scale (number)" number until you can see the route show up above the minimap. For me, that was around 2.50, but I have it currently set on 2.00 just to be sure.

That's pretty much it. I hope I've helped with this accidental "discovery".

By-the-way, I've also seen a couple of posts that express a bit of concern over the way the Blizzard Minimap acts, when merged with Carbonites map, while you're traveling. This is actually normal behavior, and is caused by the differences in "zoom" that each map uses: The Blizzard Minimap "only" uses six levels of zoom, but the Carbonite map is "infinitely" zoom-able. That is always happening, but you couldn't see it before simply because you could hide Blizzards Minimap.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-01-12 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Spaling. 8^)