Thread: WatchDog
View Single Post
04-04-06, 06:06 AM   #43
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ged
i dont know if its been posted or not, but would it be possible to add little things like a setting to turn on/off the specific things that happen when you left/right click a unit, like for example, if someone wants to make it so right clikcing does what it does on blizzards default units, brings up the drop down menus
I could add a binding, but I'd rather not-- considering we already have the ability to pop those menus up using custom functions. To make it act like the default blizzard frames:

LeftClick: TargetUnit
RightClick: WD_Menu

That will give you targeting with the left buton, and open the popup menu with the right button.

in addition and related to this idea, what about adding a group leader icon to units...i find myself feeling silly always asking ppl who the leader is, or having to use /kick /invite or titan MM to do group related actions when the situation arrises when im leader...

idk if any of this is possible, or easily done....other than those 2 minor gripes, i love it, keep up the good work!
Use the [leader] tag, which displays (L) if the player is the leader, or [leaderlong] which will display (Leader) on whoever is the leader. You can obviously make this tag optional on the target/pet frames.

furthermore, this could very well be the solution to the CT raid issue of no click-casting, seeing as tho Healer auto heals whoever according to your settings( regardless of who you click on, i could click on my WD unit frame and it would heal group member 3's pet if it had the lowest HP) has the lowest HP, and it DOES have raid settings....i just changed servers and am working on a new toon only at lv 20 so i wont be able ot test this for some time....but if my gut feeling is right, this should solve that problem
Two things, I have no idea what you're talking about with the CT Raid issue with click-casting. I heal using click-casts on the Blizzard and CTRaid UI each and every night.. so if that's not working for you-- then tehre's another issue.

I don't support ANY mod which makes decisions of that caliber for you, so don't expect to find any support for them in WatchDog. I don't mean to be a hardass-- but I firmly believe that a healer who relies on a mod to make decisions for them is a bad healer. WatchDog is about giving the player the tools necessary to be an effective healer.

If there's something specific you're having an issue with, let me know.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."