View Single Post
07-23-07, 09:02 AM   #17
Auralei
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by joive
For me it was clear from the beginning. The description in the first Threat made a clear point that he was only offering his contributions. He could just as easily make only his add-ons available there, and people could download the other components on their own. What you don't understand about that Auralei? Never seen Membership based sites before? If you like to "easily copy" the look of MazzleUI with other mods because is not revolutionary for you, good for you. Maybe you don't need assistance or support with your "custom compilation", but most of the people do. The words blatantly, stupid and elitist used in your post shows your personality. I don't know your reasons for those adjectives but I can imagine what is behind them. Mazzle has always shown respect for the Authors of the Add-ons in His compilation and many people know and use that add-ons because of his compilation. Trying to start an issue with Mazzle and the Authors of the Add-ons will not succeed. We all appreciate the creativity, time involved and knowledge of all the authors involved, and they know that. I wish i could write Add-ons and I wish I had the time and knowledge to make a Compilation as good as MazzleUI, but I don't and thats why I valuate the work of the people that can, and I am willing to pay for it.

I was expecting (and I think Mazzle too) this kind of "I hate your UI and I hope you destroy yourself with arcane missiles" posts. I wont list the the reasons that I think are behind the posts, but some people may recognize some basic human feelings here. And in my experience, this are signs that shown the Membership based site has potential. These kind of posts are like 50 positives votes in a poll to me.

I strongly disagree with your opinion about the "minimal contribution" of the compilation and that was discussed before. I thank you for this extraordinary constructive contribution in behalf of what so many of us want, to Mazzle to continue this project.

ps. English is not my primary language. I'm trying my best to write something readable. Excuse me if I fail.

*sigh* I hate it when someone says something that I just have to reply to.

Mazzle's intentions in his first thread weren't made known until after someone had thought about having a donkey BBQ with Mazzle as the special main course. And, to be honest, I really believe he figured no one would throw a fit, but found out a little differently.

What people FAIL to realize is that Mazzle would be nothing without author's like Lozareth, just to name ONE. So.....Mazzle's going to only offer HIS contributions, eh? Well, that compilation just won't look the same minus addons like Discord Unit Frames, now will it? He didn't re write anything for DUF, he just programmed his own settings into it, and I already pointed out how the 3D models are easily aquired. So, he's going to remove DUF? I'll believe THAT, when I see it.

And yes, it is good for me that I can duplicate his UI with better running addons, I could also release that, if I felt like it. See where I'm going with this? Mazzle is such a stickler for keeping certain parts of his addons private, like the HUD and the 3D models....I'll bet he'd die twice if someone threatened to release his UI without his consent. Someone could release a carbon copy of his UI, using addons that don't use so much memory, FOR FREE. I think that might put a small ding in his business options. Plus, a lot of people have just move away from MazzleUI now, there's a zillion mod packs out there in all shapes, sizes and colors. His doesn't lack in functionality, and I will give it that, but it's easily duplicated, and his work alone does not a compilation make. He'll spend an eon and a day coding addons that do the equivalent of what he's got to strip out of it.

But, make no mistake, people didn't miss what was said in the first first post of that thread, they caught it, I wasn't the only one, several well known authors did as well. And so did some of the John Q. Public that Mazzle detests so much, because I heard about all of this from a guildmate, who was mad as a hatter.

No, I'm sorry, Mazzle did a lot of work, but nothing close to the work put into all 30+addons he includes in that compliation, setting them up doesn't count, we've all done that 1000 times. So, I say minimal because in comparison, it is. If Mazzle doesn't continue his work on his UI, someone else will come along and either offer a copy, or something better will come along. I realize "some" people want him to continue, but a lot of people have realized long ago that Mazzle does nothing for the people, he does it for himself.

My opinion is, there are a lot of sheep in this world. When Mazzle gets fed up with his paid users, he will treat them exactly as he's treated the public. His history will speak for itself.