View Single Post
06-09-09, 07:03 AM   #17
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by paint4blood View Post
Yes it is true, my account was hacked. I know how too...
I'm very sorry to hear that your account was hacked. That's never fun, and as you had high level toons (level cap or not), I can empathize with how that my feel like a lot of lost time and work.

As much as I would love to pick up the anti-WM banner with you and march on a crusade, I feel I should inform you that during my entire time using WM, I never picked up keyloggers. I am not the only WM user who has enjoyed being hack-free during my time. I know that personal experience doesn't exactly count as incontrovertable proof in WM's favor, it should at least be a reason to count WM out of the list of variables that led to this unfortunate event.

The other thing I wanted to mention (more in the nature of waving my anti-WM banner) is that knowing their "hosting" practices as I have come to understand them, I highly doubt that an add-on that "originated" from WM would have a virus. In Skada's case, it's one of the many add-ons WM nabbed from another site. I can't tell if it was nabbed from Curse or WoWI, but Skada is hosted on WoWI, and WoWI wouldn't keep an add-on if it was dirty. That should help you pull Skada out of the list of variables.

Again, I'm very sorry to you for the situation. I wish you all the best in getting it back. Oh, and... welcome to WoWI!

/hug
/soothe
/luck