View Single Post
03-07-10, 05:20 PM   #214
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Nightmare_Lord and anyone else who is having problems with key bindings not showing up when you log in on certain toons... could you please try two things for me and let me know the detailed results.

1) Disable *all* of your mods and log in on that same toon... do the key bindings show up? If they do, enable nothing except nUI and log back in... do they fail to show up now?

2) If they still don't show up with only nUI enabled, use the ctrl-alt-right-click interface on an action button to change the binding on any action button. After changing the binding, log out and back in, do the bindings show up now?

Also, those of you who are having issues with the key bindings not appearing when you log in, please tell me if you are using account wide key bindings or character specific key bindings.
What I did: Completely reset everything down to default settings with default UI for a fresh testing bed.

Deleted Cache.
Renamed Interface to Interface.bac
Renamed WTF to WTF.bac
Renamed Fonts to Fonts.bac
Logged into game.

All keybinds are present, accept for 3 toons. Those toons had been reset to Character Specific Keybindings and I'm not sure when this happened. I've always had my characters use account wide keybinds. I would like to note that these three toons are the exact same toons that were having the keybind issues. I've set those characters back to where I had them, and logged in and out of the game several times. No loss of keybinds.

Deleted Cache, Interface and WTF folders. Created Interface\Addons and installed nUI. Logged back into the game. No loss of keybinds at first.. I kept exiting and logging back in and eventually keybinds disappeared on those same characters. However, they are still set to account wide keybinds. As soon as I opened the Keybind window to check and I clicked on the Ok button, my keybinds returned.

Edit: On a different note; While I was testing with only nUI installed, I reset my guild MOTD. As soon as I reset it, my fonts in the chatbox changed to enormous! Try as I might I cannot seem to replicate this either.

Last edited by Petrah : 03-07-10 at 05:27 PM.