View Single Post
09-28-12, 06:34 PM   #7
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Any addon touching any dropdown menu anywhere at any time will taint the entire dropdown menu system, breaking the focus menu commands and all other secure menu commands.
My experience suggests that this isn't necessarily true; I'm running several addons that use the UIDropDownMenuTemplate and "Set Focus" works without any issues on Blizzard unit frames for me.

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing any concise addon interaction with UIDropDownMenu API that reliably ends up tainting the entire thing.

Originally Posted by Animor
I didn't change anything in my addon for months, so I don't know why this errors started just now.
Taint-related errors are sometimes caused by interaction between several pieces of code. Even if your addon hasn't been updated for months, patch 5.0.x updates to FrameXML and other addons may have contributed here.

Unfortunately, the problem isn't trivial to debug. Try asking your users whether they still get that error with only your addon enabled; and, if so, if they can come up with some short sequence of actions that reliably causes the error to appear for them. Getting a taintlog of the problem occurring might provide some additional information as to what's actually going on.