View Single Post
09-29-12, 07:51 AM   #13
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Animor View Post
I will put the relevant code here, perhaps one of the experts will point me to the problem just from reading it.
There's nothing substantially wrong with your code as far as I can see. I'd recommend still asking people if they get the error with only your addon enabled -- that's the only way to guarantee that the cause of the issue is confined to your code (and FrameXML).

If you felt like stabbing at something at random, try delaying the initialization of your dropdown until your configuration panel actually needs to be shown (i.e. do the UIDropDownMenu_Initialize() call in the panel's OnShow, not the dropdown's OnLoad) -- if the issue actually stems from your use of the dropdown, this'll make it go away if the user doesn't open your configuration panel, which is probably a reasonable workaround.

Originally Posted by Dargen
An example of dropdown menu related taint in the current game:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...24969?page=1#2
Thank you; that is at least interesting to look at. It's unfortunate that the topic ended with someone blaming UIDROPDOWNMENU_MAXBUTTONS, which is the incorrect conclusion in that case -- we'll never get this fixed if we keep crying wolf at the wrong things.

Curiously, the issue occurs when you create a dropdown with 8 entries before CUFProfiles loads, even if UIDROPDOWNMENU_MAXBUTTONS >= 8 at the time of creation, isn't modified, and remains secure. This warrants a closer look, I think.